Main current projects
Palladin Institute of Biochemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
9 Leontovicha Street, Kyiv, 01601, Ukraine Phone:(380-44) 234 59 74; fax:(380-44) 279 63 65; e-mail:
The main research trends of the Institute are the following:
- studying the structure, physical and chemical properties and biological functions of complex protein and supramolecular systems;
- identifying biochemical mechanisms of metabolism regulation by means of low-molecular substances (peptides, vitamins, coenzymes, metal ions etc);
- the development of modern biotechnologies (new methods of production and of practical application of biologically active substances for medicine and veterinary as well as biosensors for medicine, industry, agriculture and ecology).
1. Department of Molecular Immunology
Head – Sergiy V. Komisarenko, Dr. Sc., Prof., Member of NASU and AMSU
Tel.: + (380-44) 234-59-74; 246-43-94 Fax: +(380-44) 279-63-65,
Investigation of immunochemical structure of biologically active proteins and peptides
2. Department of Lipid Biochemistry
Head – Nadiya M. Gula, Dr. Sc., Prof., Corresponding Member of NASU and AMSU
Tel.: + (380-44) 234-82-29, E-mail:
Investigation of the mechanisms of protective and adaptive effects of long-chain N-acylethanolamines (NAE) in mammals
3. Department of Coenzyme Biochemistry
Head – Georgiy V. Donchenko, Dr. Sc., Prof., Corresponding Member of NASU
Tel.:+ (380-44) 234-71-78, Fax: + [380-44] 279-63-65 E-mail:
IInvestigation of the molecular mechanisms realization of the vitamins, coenzymes and their specific protein-acceptors biological effect on the functioning and maintenance of the cells under normal conditions and under certain pathologies
4. Department of Muscle Biochemistry
Head - Sergiy O. Kosterin, Dr. Sc., Prof., Corresponding Member of NASU
Tel.:+ (380-44) 234-16-53, E-mail:
Study of properties and regulation of ATP-dependent calcium pumps of smooth muscle membrane structures
5. Department of Protein Structure and Function
Head - Georgiy L.Volkov, Dr. Sc., Prof.
Tel.:+ (380-44) 234-23-35, E-mail:
Investigation of regulatory mechanisms of interaction between both fibrinolysis and components of clot formation systems and vessel-thrombocytes part of hemostasis system
6. Department of Enzyme Chemistry and Biochemistry
Head - Stanislav O. Kudinov, Dr. Sc., Prof.
Tel.:+ (380-44) 234-90-56, E-mail:
The study of fibrinolysis mechanism at the normal state, acute phase and oxidative stress conditions as a base for new plasminogen-containing class of thrombolytic drugs production
7. Departement of Molecular Biology
Head - Olexandr G. Minchenko, Dr. Sc.
Tel.: + (380-44) 235-31-37; E-mail:
Molecular mechanisms of the regulation of gene expression in normal and pathologic conditions
8. Department of Neurochemistry
Head - Nina H. Himmelreich, Ph.D.
Tel.:+ (380-44) 234-32-54, E-mail:
Investigation of the regulatory mechanisms of the processes of release and active transport of neuromediators
9. Department of Metabolism Regulation
Head - Volodimir O. Mikhailovsky, MD, Ph.D (Scientific advisor: Maxim F. Guliy, Dr. Sc., Prof., Member of NASU)
Tel.:+ (380-44) 234-43-45, E-mail:
Investigation of the role of low-molecular metabolites as natural metabolism regulators and factors of correction of metabolism disturbances
10. Department of Scientific and Technical Information
Head - Valentina M. Danilova, Ph.D.
Tel.:+ (380-44) 235-71-57, E-mail:
Investigation of history, development and prospects of scientific schools of the Palladin Institute of Biochemistry